Thursday, January 6, 2011

Are Mycoplasma Acid Fast

Under the Sun Return of the DR221 (episode 12)



First and foremost, I wish you all a happy new year 2011, full of success, happiness, and for drivers, good flight! My good resolution for 2011 is to make stories shorter ... but you know the principle of good intentions: We are unable keep them! ^ ^ This story does not make exception to the rule will be looooong, but I hope, always well written. Thank you also for the positive feedback I have had, and everyone who help me to correct some small mistake (s) / error (s) which interfere (s) involuntarily in his editorial that I want as the apple of my eye , said the adage!



Today is Wednesday, January 5 of 2011. I decided, weather permitting, to go fly a bit in the afternoon, just to keep the hand and then re-register me for 2011 although of course ;-) By the end of the course at 12:30 the sandwich in hand, I rush to St. Cyr. The weather was very good throughout the morning. The AFT 0700Z already announced however that the ceiling would come down, and the visitors also. I saw through the window of my classroom the weather deteriorated, going from bright blue to a white fluffy, then a gray a little dirty. Alexander sent me an SMS saying "fly!".

I saw that morning that the F-GBVP had not started, and therefore had slipped my niche on DR221. My experience with the aircraft (F-Bozu) not limited to only 50 minutes flight ... my 50 minutes of every flight as student pilot . Two aircraft will then be parked at Toussus to compensate for the closure of Saint-Cyr, in addition to DR400 180 chx: F-and F-Bozu BTKU

The aircraft of the day: the F-DR221 Bozu

When I arrive at the clubhouse, about 14:15, the weather is bad enough. Of course, at worst you could maybe do with a wind of TdP 17010KT for the crosswind, but even. Was limited. Alexander tells me that we are going to suddenly Toussus. "And Chartres ? And Chartres? it's been two months since we must go! ". Finally, it will be a St-Cyr-Toussus Chartres. I take the time to plot between Chartres and Toussus. I opt for convenience: the Radionav between Chartres EPR-RBT then point to Sierra Toussus. A glance at the weather and I see the trainer BKN and OVC. The slap came when I read the METAR Toussus and Orly: the first gives us a nice OVC007 , the second a OVC008 . Chartres boasts about him a nice OVC005 TAF ... gives visible in wholesale BCMG 6000 3000-RA .

" - Uh, you're sure we can go to Toussus? because METAR gives OVC007! "

It was decided to go direct to Toussus. Actually, I am taking the decision not to go. But for the second time, I find myself preparing to leave the aircraft with the weather. Last Once it happened like that was already not tip top, but then today it will be a different story! Come on, are you ready? Fasten your seatbelts!

" - Saint-Cyr turn-Zulu Foxtrot-Uniform, hello.
- Foxtrot-Uniform-Zulu, Saint-Cyr Tower, good morning.
- Foxtrot-Uniform-Zulu, a DR221 to the parking Alcyons Golf with information, for a VFR flight to Toussus. "

Rolling is ... well ... frankly leaves to be desired ... in fact, is the first time I ride a DR221! And to be honest with you, I prefer the DR42, much more stable and intuitive ;-) In short, a real mess. the checklist before takeoff is made.

"We'll take off runway 11R at Saint-Cyr, wet grass airstrip not limited to, the full wind through law. Speeds: 50 km / h the online theft; 100 km / h rotation, 120 initial climb, climb the 145 normal. Failure before takeoff, we reduce it slows it right uh, with parsimony (is not it Alex? = P); minor failure after rotation, we adapted lap back and landed on runway 11 at St. Cyr; major breakdown after rotation one hand and makes it arises in the fields on our right. After takeoff, turn left and climb to 1500ft to the west exit. First frequency after takeoff: Toussus Tower on 119.300. Voila! Got questions? "

Alex shakes his head no ... in fact, he said that given the weather, we can expect the same configuration of the runway at Toussus (hence the 07 in service) and as we get by the west by the RBT VOR, we could ask an approach direct and that I should negotiate. Most importantly, listen to the ATIS before because if it's 25 in service, it will not look smart. No problems for me, I've done last October!

So it's good, it's gone. We still take care to move to the breakpoint of the 11R, especially that I already have a first , and I do not want to distinguish myself again in frequency! We drive by trying to keep a path as straight as possible. Field very fat does not ease my spot.

" Ok, we are more or less aligned with (my God, is an understatement!), are you ready? Full Throttle! It was the towers! Active Badin no alarms decision we continue 50km / h the online flight, we arrive at 100 rotation, a little foot, it is already 120 "

The plane climbs well, and we pass the safe altitude, the pump OFF, returning the flaps, and we turn into the crosswind. With the tailwind, it was short and we soon found himself downwind except that barely passed 1000ft, I do not see ... almost anything that's gray and some fields ... 1,100 ft, I do not really see anything! I cast a quick glance behind, and it confirms my belief that if we continue to rise, we will go straight into the layer.

" - Uh, can not go there?!
- Well you gotta do what?

- I get off?
"

And you go down ... 1000ft, bof bof ... 900ft is already a tad better ... 800 ft, it will cope with that, but Saint-Cyr being about 300ft, and the minimum altitude in G being 500ft/sol, we can not go lower. I look good my instruments, I'm not used to the DR221, and frankly, I do not know that name. Come on, we toiled, we look forward (I see nothing m'enfin). Only I'm not helped by my lack of experience and for me it's total cheese! I look at the ground and I see nothing ... I can not even distinguish a corn like St-Rémy-lès-Chevreuse.

was called Toussus Tour, already, which informs us of a ceiling " covered 600ft. Finally, they get organized. Alexander takes the card on my knees and give me our position, and a course to follow. I pilot, he made the map and the radio. It is south of St Remy, Rambouillet is just ahead.

" - So the corn left is St-Remy
- So it before Rambouillet?
- That's right, we will descend along the valley Chevreuse, so you take me for a course of 80 to approximately?
- 80 along the valley of Chevreuse? agree
"

Also, my IF he tries to get the direct
07" - And we could have a direct approach 07, Foxtrot-Uniform-Zulu?
- Ah, it's the 25 in service Toussus sir!

- Received and you have the world in the circuit?

- No but I have a departing IFR traffic ...
"

A huge smile is growing on my face while I check my altitude. The QNH altimeter set in 1024, shows 800 ft. So many look at his instruments because out that there are not many things to see. Slowly it comes and tells me that Alexander arrived on Sierra.

" - Really? Are you sure? This hometown here before?
- Foxtrot-Uniform-Zulu, vertical Sierra

- Foxtrot-Uniform-Zulu, remember basic left hand.

- Recall basic left hand-Zulu Foxtrot-Uniform.
"

I quietly turns base, the aircraft slows, Previewing on DR221 may be the same I'm not too lingered on, the heats up, the pump 1500trs/min time to go into the white arc and the first notch of flaps and back to 2200trs/min. There is no basis I see the ground " it is where you see yourself? " Fortunately, two parallel tracks in hard, it stands out well even with between 2 and 3 kg of visitors ... Quietly, I slowed the bike and leave the second stop. I try to understand the exchange in English between IFR and tower Toussus their destination.

" - My Destination India Mike Charlie Lima IS, Torino "

The "firsts" enchainent then absolutely blazing speeds!
  • This is the first time I'm flying in the vicinity of Toussus (the last was in July 2009 but I was then a mere passenger)
  • is the first time that I try to use a VOR in real life (that of TSU to confirm our position somewhere near Sierra) and fortunately I was well acquainted with the principle to Flight Sim!
  • nav is the first that I do in such bad weather
  • is the first time I am about to ask a conventional train
  • is the first time I'm going to ask on a paved runway
  • is the first time I use a PAPI to keep my true glide, and with FS9, I know how it works and I not not hesitate to use it =)
It is final, we are authorized to 25L, and for the first time in my early career as a student pilot I see before me a paved runway, with the markup on, and paper to help me. But hey, the wind is full through, keep the plane in the axis and & in the plane and here we go. Posed for the conventional train, Alexander gave me a tip: "Do round more than DR42. Having never been a taildragger before any information (we do not talk more advice) is up for grabs. We pass the threshold to 110 km / h and I reduce. I push a little to not break neck speed and wind up in one hand and pitched ... it rears ... is corrected with the axis of the foot ... hit three points! but not give up, there is a rebound! So we pitched up and the aircraft eventually "embrace the runway." However, the conventional train is reserved for adventurous, and Alexander catches up with my running because me and roll on DR221 is still two very different things, say ;-)

Toussus Welcome!

Another first arrives: the visit of the flying Air France from Toussus-le-Noble, and the first fois où je tombe nez à nez avec autant d'avions que je n'avais pour l'instant osé voir que dans mes rêves secrets. J'étais aux anges et j'ai passé au moins 30 bonnes minutes à faire le tour du hangar, et j'ai chopé le maximum de photos que je pouvais de tous ces petits diamants entreposés là, sous mes yeux. J'ai même utilisé toutes mes batteries de rechange pour mon appareil photo.

Cirrus ? Vous avez dit Cirrus ?





On rentre au club. le verdict 34-minute flight grave. Infinite pleasure! But the conditions under which I do not want to fly again! (Especially as they deteriorated again and again and to top it off, it started raining when we left the ropes CA Air France). A time to really do not put a driver out then, and really, I dois.vraiment be predestined to IR me at least I have a plane Toussus for winter, where St. Cyr is closed .

Arrives KU Toussus

But I'm still a little disappointed, for Chartres for the nav which has been waiting two months, but until the next appointment was set for January 23, 8:30 am. Finally, I may be able to go to Chartres, weather permitting, and decision is made from Toussus, not St-Cyr.

was my comeback on DR221. Alexander was still starting to help me fly my blog very nice photos: Thanks! = D

The DR221 F-Bozu before the CA Air France

0 comments:

Post a Comment